An energy audit is implemented for reasons of survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in buildings, processes or systems to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output.
Our experience enables us to rapidly identify potential savings, to develop appropriate solutions, and to evaluate these in terms of their economic efficiency and feasibility.
Our full-scale energy audits and subsequent implementation of the recommended actions include the following services:
- Assessment of the status quo and determination of the energy efficiency of an industrial facility
- Preparation of the current energy balance
- Calculation of potential energy savings
- Identification of potential to increase (internal and external) efficiency
- Analysis of resources and possible use of regional resources
- Evaluation of the commercial and technical feasibility as well as the practicality of the individual steps
- Return on investment calculations and analysis of the economic benefits
- Preparation of a master concept
- Monitoring and support of the entire implementation process
- Final report and assessment of the project outputs
Each of our energy audit is performed according to EN 16247 and each implementation of an energy management system according to ISO 50001.
The following are areas in which experience has shown that latent savings can be tapped:
- Energy supply and distribution
- Electrical drives (efficiency of engines, rotary speed regulation, etc.)
- Supply of pressurised air (leeks, capacity utilisation, dimensioning)
- Energy efficiency in manufacturing facilities and buildings (heating plants, air conditioning and insulation)
- Lighting in offices, manufacturing facilities and warehouses
- Heat recovery (ventilation, waste heat, exhaust heat recovery, waste water, etc.)
- Boilers (efficiency ratings, in-house energy requirements, heat recovery, etc.)
- Use of cogeneration technology, independent power generation (combined heat and ...power, gas and steam turbines)
- Use of renewable energy sources
- Energy purchasing (procurement and supply contracts)
- Plant and energy-saving contracting
The goal of the Energy Efficiency Act is to improve the cost-effective of the energy use of Austrian companies and the stabilization of the final energy consumption with increasing production to effect.
As external energy efficiency analysis, the implementation of energy audits is to collect and evaluate an appropriate measure for the efficiency of the use of useful energy. The optimization of system requires as a starting point a solid data base. To meet the requirements of the Energy Efficiency Act, have to expand some of the specification of EN 16247 requirements.
The introduction of an energy management system with external audit not only meets the requirement of large companies under the Energy Efficiency Act, but also this allows the continuous monitoring and improvement of the energetic use in their processes.
Audits for sustainable buildings
Currently Vienna Engineers has available 5 certified auditors for the assessment of sustainable buildings. Theses ÖGNI-certified auditors register your project for certification, accompany your project during each project stage and over the entire project. They collect and submit all the necessary documentation to the certification board.